Sunday, December 30, 2018

Bohemian Rhapsody !

Movie Review- A cinematic experience 5/12

Assalammualaikum, and hello !

So today I just watched "Bohemian Rhapsody" at Mid Valley Megamall's GSC Cinema along with my parents. I was super excited to be hearing that dad picked that out for the night's movie. This time, he booked the tickets online beforehand because it was still pretty new and was in the eye of many, there was a high possibility that the tickets would run out soon enough. I've always enjoyed Queen's songs, so the thought of getting to know the story behind Queen's success and their unique hot hit Bohemian Rhapsody, was not a chance I'd turn away from very easily.

The film, telling about how Queen was first established began when Freddie Mercury first entered the picture, and it's a big part of the film to tell about how his life went through during Queen's music reign. The relationship their band had was one of a family, like soul-brothers, they were not about to give up on each other. Their friendship is simply 'to-die-for' , and everything else is just- fabulous :)!

I've got to admit, I had plenty of laughs throughout the film and not to forget my sudden flow of tears at certain parts of the film. It was such an inspiration, what ideas were brought up in order for the published song, how the band wanted to interact as highly as they could with the audience.

With the ever increasing popularity and paparazzi, Freddie Mecury later faced his downfall, it was a time in which he separated himself from the band, got into a lot of frenzies and destroyed himself in the process. Time came, and time helped, former fiance of Mercury found him and had a little talk, maybe that was or was not the trigger, but he soon came into realization with his faults (which not many could actually achieve). Later on, he also decided to reconnect with his band mates, of course they were angry but once a family, you're always a family, and that was what they were, all of Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon- a family. That was probably the sweetest moment I felt to be :')

The highlight of the film for me, would most definitely be the Live Aid performance, because of Queen alone, amount of donations increased multiply and it was later known to be "the note heard around the world"

I'd watch this movie repeatedly, and I don't do repetitions-ever ;)

Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Christchurch Mosque Shooting

it was one of the heaviest weight I felt in my heart. For as long as I have known, Christchurch had been peaceful, the people, the environ...