Monday, December 31, 2018

Our 16 Day Road-trip around Thailand

We had planned this for months already, it would be my family, and my aunty's along with my grandmother. As said by my aunty "For Khadijah as her post-IGCSE gift and for Sufi as her post-SPM gift". I don't want to talk much, I mean 16 days is long :| so I'll just be dropping of a bit of description and some of my favourite photos ;) I honestly loved every single bit of the trip ! I miss those moments too much.

Day 1: Our two cars went on our way from Kuantan to Gurun. I basically slept the whole ride so there isn't any proper photo to put on here. Along the way when I did wake up, I looked out the window to admire the scenery.

Day 2: Early in the morning, we got some breakfast then headed straight away to Krabi. We reached the Thailand border shortly after and went through the immigration process. We stopped by for lunch at Krabi and I got myself a Thai-styled Nasi Kerabu, mouth-watery <3 aonang="" at="" guest="" house.="" krabi="" p="" stayed="" the="" we="">

Day 3: We went on a boat trip to a few Islands at Krabi. To Koh Phak Bia, Koh Lao La Ding, Hong Lagoon and Koh Hong. I loved every single stop, we went snorkeling all the way but I was a bit tired at the last stop.

Day 4: Our day went on, on the trip from Krabi to Ranong. Upon reaching, we stopped by the Ngao Waterfall Park then after settling our baggages into the Madinah Ranong hostel, we went to the infamous hot springs and simply relaxed. The hostel we stayed in provided a menu for dinner and it was simply delicious.


Day 5: Being settled at Ranong, we decided for an at-hawk trip to Myanmar because it was only a boat ride from Ranong. We reached there in the afternoon so we stopped by a mosque, then later we got Nasi Briyani and went to visit the Pondok Tahfiz, Kampung Melayu, Kawthaung by songtheaw (a vehicle). They were speaking Malay so fluently so that put a homey feeling in me :0 Shortly after we returned to Ranong.

Day 6: We said our goodbyes to the very friendly people of Madinah Ranong Guesthouse and went on our way to Prachuap Khiri Khan ! We first stopped by the Waghor Aquarium and had so much fun and a cheap fee too. The aquarium closed at 5.00pm so we went directly to check into the hotel. After completing our Maghrib prayer, we walked our way in search of muslim food (it was a very long walk because a bit of technical problem occured haha).

Day 7: From Prachuap Khiri Khan to Kanchanaburi :)! we stopped by the Samut Songkhram Mosque for the lads to complete their Friday Prayer. Later on we arrived and checked into the Thai Guesthouse and had packed dinner there.

Day 8: We visited the Death Railway Museum situated at Kanchanaburi where there was also a memorial cemetery for those who had died in the building of the Thailand-Burma Railway. This was probably one of the most exciting trips of all that we had around Thailand.

Day 9: Off to Ayutthaya ^0^ We stayed at the Ayutthaya Riverside House and settled into a boat house ! First time ever and it was so exciting, at night it was pretty chilly, but then we also had the air condition on.

Day 10: "I'm a sunflower, a little funny~" -Sunflower Shannon Purser. So as soon as we had breakfast we went on our way to Lopburi and as it is known for its sunflower fields, a stop was compulsory (a highlight for the day's journey, before that we got ourselves lunch first) ! So we took some photos here and there but the sun was scorching-not the best time to go in the evening.

Day 11: This day was probably the most not so okay. Why? Because we were on our way to Bangkok and the whole journey was jammed. By the time we reached our accommodation, some problem had occur with the rooms and such. Shortly after taking a break, we went out to discover Bangkok's exquisite shopping site. First off to Indra Square at the Pratunam Shopping Mall where I bought a few dresses and next to Pratunam Market after 4 hours circling around the mall. My parents and grandmother felt tired so they went back earlier while I followed my aunty's family around some place else which she then decided to be Terminal 21. This was such a shopping haven, if I'll be coming back to Bangkok I surely want to come there again ! The floors are states of different countries with shops and decorations complementing the said states or country's culture. After a tiring day we finally lied down.

Day 12: We set on our journey ahead to Hua Hin. A very calming journey, but I guess at that point everyone was simply tired. As we reached the Hua Hin Hostel, my cousin and I decided to stay back and rest while the grown-ups when to the beach. The both of us had lost a lot of energy due to being hyped up a bit too much in the day. oh, I have to slip this in- CAFE AMAZON is wonderful ! Their petrol stations are so complete with 7E, these cafes, and food shops. But Cafe Amazon is my main highlight of all those- chillingly delicious <3 :="" also="" and="" coffee="" cried="" dropped="" finally="" for="" foreheads="" gone="" here="" honestly="" i="" iced="" it="" just="" koyok="" like="" mentally="" my="" nbsp="" night-market="" night="" now="" on="" our="" out="" p="" poof="" sufi="" that-="" that="" the="" to="" was="" went="" with="">

Day 13: Hua Hin to Chumpon ! We stayed the night at Rub Lom Chom Klong Homestay- in a water village!! so that was definitely exciting because it isn't accessible by car, you either have to walk or ride a boat. The owner was very friendly too ! I basically chilled on the hammock that was there, and the food for dinner was bought by the parents.

Day 14: Later that morning, the owner's mother cooked for us a rice porridge, and being the person I am, I asked for a bit more vegetable toppings :") We then went on our way to Surat Thani stopped at some places, then also stopped by Surat Thani's central mosque for the Friday prayer. We then checked into the River Nature Hotel, there were kayaking, swimming pool and some other activities available. Later on into the night, we went to the night market and I had their specialty- Banana Pancake (I had already eaten some on previous days too)

Day 15: Surat Thani to Pattani~ We arrived at the hotel just before Maghrib so we cleaned ourselves up and got ready to pray at the Pattani Central Mosque, one of the largest and beautiful mosques in Thailand.

Day 16: Last Day ! fuhhh from Pattani, we stopped by Narathiwat for food and some last minute souvenir shopping hihi. Later on we went through the Malaysia-Thailand border and got through the immigration process. The original plan was to return directly to Kuantan but the drivers were far more than tired. The next morning we went straight away home.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Christchurch Mosque Shooting

it was one of the heaviest weight I felt in my heart. For as long as I have known, Christchurch had been peaceful, the people, the environ...