Saturday, March 30, 2019

The Christchurch Mosque Shooting

it was one of the heaviest weight I felt in my heart.

For as long as I have known, Christchurch had been peaceful, the people, the environment, everything was on its own, living in Peace.

So when my ears received the news, I couldn't, and wouldn't believe it at all.

"It has to be a dream, it has to."

I could not believe that such a peaceful place would've been attacked.

And when my ears heard that it was in the mosque that it had happened, during the time where many people were worshiping, I could not move, I was in agony and worry.

"Who was there", "How are they"

My dearest friend, 3 years younger than me, our family friend, had been taken during the massacre, Al-Fatihah. It was first said that he was missing, and a few days after it was officially announced of what had really been.
The last time I saw him was 2013 when their family came to our home, and it was supposedly last year that they were to come again. Upon receiving the news of his passing I could not stop my tears as it fell tear by tear wetting my cheeks.

Unfortunately until now I still cannot stand to elaborate on the brutal attack that had taken place, because with Christchurch, I am in utter despair and my heart feels truly heavy.

Alhamdulillah, even with the darkness that had clouded, the sun shone past. With it, the community had come together, all of them in support of one another. 50 died and many entered Islam. The beautiful and heart-wrenching supports, Hijab day, the broadcasting of Adhan throughout New Zealand, the two-minute silence, all in respect.

The Christchurch Mosque shooting taught the world many things.

It is not a matter of race, religion, age or gender. It is a matter of whether the community loves one another, as their own equal. We are nothing without others, and being number 1 does not matter when the existence of other numbers are not there. To stand with one another, is to love one another.

 To stand together, is to respect, honour, love and care forever long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Christchurch Mosque Shooting

it was one of the heaviest weight I felt in my heart. For as long as I have known, Christchurch had been peaceful, the people, the environ...