Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mt Hutt Retreat

Hey BLOG! You see, on Monday the 15th...of April, something exciting was happening...
CAMP!!! There I was on the Senior Court waiting for my name to get called out...to get on the bus. Mr Barrow (My Teacher) was calling the names by the role, my name was called out followed by Tahla's followed by Kim followed by Tan and so on. I grabbed my daypack and walked (not) to the bus, Tan had saved me a seat, so I...well sat down. I sat impatiently waiting for everybody to get on the bus, Finally everybody got on the bus and we departed to Mt Hutt Retreat. It was an absolutely long ride! Maybe nearly about a 3 hour ride. Finally we arrived, first we were introduced to our cabins. The beds were triple bunk beds, I would be sleeping at the top closest to the door, with Tan underneath me. My cabin buddies were Cinnamon, Kimberley, Tan, Tahla, Scarlett and Bianca. We got ready for our first activity, I was in Group 5, 3 girls Tahla, Tan and me, 4 boys Spencer, Johnie, Nikau and Devonte. Unfortunately 1 of our group member was ill and couldn't come, Mr Barrow picked our bikes and helmets for us. On the way back to the Retreat, I crashed into Nikau with a bike, I had scars, he....a bruise. Abseiling was next it was creepy but fun. 3rd activity was the BEST...Archery, it was boys vs girls with one boy. I managed to hit the target 2 times. So, Yay Me! It was getting cold and the groups were called to the hall. Dinner was nearly ready. The only thing that buged us girls was that we had to sit with the group. For dinner we had Garlic Bread and mince. I didn't eat the mince of course, but the garlic bread was delicious. After dinner we had showers and settled in our cabins. There was a fashion show and our group won so we got chocolates!! Supper was next and then off to bed.

At 6:48 (I checked my watch) I was awake and a few minutes later everybody in the cabin was wide awake except for Tahla. I settled in the bed and waited...7:30 reached Mrs North opened our doors and banged two pans to each other. I was so shocked!! Dressed up and ready The T's and I got to breakfast. I had one scoop of cornflakes with one weetbix and milk. After breakfast we had a cabin inspection Mr B and Mrs N SCORED OUR CABIN...47 points. We scored 35 points for the cabin, the day before, so it was an effort. Frisbee Golf/Team Building started the day. We had to throw the frisbee from the yellow tyre to the white tyre, or maybe the white to the yellow? Secondly we did Low Ropes but we only got to do a few, coz we were called, and I can't remember the rest. We had chicken and garlic bread for dinner and the chicken was halal, for dessert we had vanilla ice cream, fruit salad and a chocolate something. And then we had the camp quiz, 3rd place was the Furious 5 (us) 2nd, Group 1!Yay! (that's their quiz name) and 1st was the group across us. We had supper and then bed. Earlier on in the day we had a Bush Walk.

I woke up early on the last day, since no one was awake I started reading and couldn't seem to stop. As always with the pan or pots, she woke us up. I can't exactly remember what happened, but, i know we had a water slide and i think we did that on the second day. I don't know? So bye blog!

3 comments:

  1. Thats just AWESOME!!!! lucky uz!! we didnt even do the adventure thing such as the abseiling,archery and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camp was so awesome, but being the host for camp quiz with Brodie was scary :-)

    ReplyDelete

The Christchurch Mosque Shooting

it was one of the heaviest weight I felt in my heart. For as long as I have known, Christchurch had been peaceful, the people, the environ...